Jason Day goes wire-to-wire to win 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship
In winning the 2016 THE PLAYERS Championship, world no.1 Jason Day joins just four other players to win THE PLAYERS, a major and a WGC during their career.
What you need to know:
- Day went wire-to-wire at THE PLAYERS, following an opening 63 (-9) which equalled the course record.
- This is his 10th PGA TOUR win and 7th in his last 17 starts since the 2015 RBC Canadian Open.
- Jason has now won eight times since the start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour season - the most of any PGA Tour player in that timeframe.
- Day used a 10.5* M1 460 that plays to 9.5* with an MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X shaft tipped 1", the same driver he's played since last year's BMW Championship.
- Day rotates between a UDI, RSi TP and RSi 2 2-iron. This week he played the RSi2 2-iron, which is shafted with the same irons he plays in his RSi TP irons (DG X7).
- Day plays a combination of TaylorMade's new Tour Preferred Satin Chrome EF wedges. While his lofts vary from tournament to tournament, he played a 47* in the Tour Grind and 52* & 58* in ATV grind with True Temper DG Tour Issue S400 shafts.
In Day's Winning Bag:
- M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 70X tipped 1"
- M2 Fairway/ 17* / MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80x tipped 1.5"
- RSi TP irons / 4-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi2 2-iron / True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges / 47 & 52 (Tour Grind), 58 (ATV grind) Temper DG Tour Issue S400 (wedges bent to 48, 54, 60 respectively)
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball #87 (Year of Birth)
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Itsy Bitsy Proto Putter
- adidas Golf Tour360 BOA Boost footwear
- Climachill 3-Stripes Polo
- adidas Golf 3-Stripes Pant
- New Era Tour 39Thirty Hat
MORE ON JASON DAY'S APPAREL & FOOTWEAR
Throughout the week, Jason Day wore a climacool® 3-Stripes polo, which features UPF50+ fabric for sun protection. Jason Day wins wearing the TOUR360 BOA BOOST. Featuring full-length boost™, a BOA-integrated 360LOOP connected to the 360WRAP for custom fit and stability, an S-shape heal that follows the natural contour of the foot, and a new TORSION TUNNEL for independent flexibility and control between the heel and forefoot, this is the third time this season Day has won wearing the new footwear.
View Jason's apparel & footwear here: JASON DAY
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 12 in the world. Key athletes include world no.1 Dustin Johnson, world no.2 Rory McIlroy, world no.3 Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and world no.12 PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.