Dustin Johnson Stages Monumental Comeback at Oakmont, Wins 116th U.S. Open Championship For First Career Major Title
From four shots back, Johnson overpowers Oakmont using bag filled with TaylorMade Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball and wearing adidas Golf footwear & apparel
What You Need to Know:
- Johnson's win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship.
- Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak).
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont's speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2. He has Project X's HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson's win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
In Johnson's U.S. Open Championship Bag:
- M1 Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75" / D4 swingweight
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (52 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Low Crown Cap
- Tour Preferred X ('14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
Johnson also wore adidas Golf footwear and apparel throughout the week. Take a look at his styles by clicking here.
- Throughout the week, Johnson wore two different adidas Golf polos, the climacool gradient polo and the climacool performance polo, both of which utilize climacool technology for zonal cooling.
- His polos were paired with the ultimate pant, which features a stretch waistband with silicone gripper, moisture-wicking and water resistant stretch fabrication.
- Johnson laced up TOUR360 Boost footwear featuring full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
À propos de TaylorMade Golf
Basée à Carlsbad en Californie, la société TaylorMade Golf vend des équipements, des chaussures, des vêtements et des accessoires de golf sous les marques TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams et Ashworth. La société TaylorMade Golf a affiché des ventes de 913 millions d’euros en 2014.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is a global leader in the sporting goods industry, offering a broad portfolio of footwear, apparel and hardware for sport and lifestyle around the core brands adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group employs more than 55,000 people across the globe and generated sales of around € 17 billion in 2015.
À propos du groupe adidas
Le groupe adidas est l’un des leaders mondiaux au sein de l’industrie des articles de sport en offrant une vaste gamme de souliers, de vêtements et d’accessoires par le biais de marques de base, telles que adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade et Reebok-CCM Hockey. Basé à Herzogenaurach en Allemagne, le Groupe emploie plus de 55 000 personnes à travers le monde et a généré des ventes de près de 17 milliards d’euros en 2015.