DYNAM1C DUO RISE TO NO.1 & NO.2 IN THE WORLD
TaylorMade staffers claim #1 and #2 spot in World Ranking
In the midst of an incredible two-month run that has seen 7 wins in 8 PGA TOUR events, Team TaylorMade is at the top of the golf world with both the #1 and #2 ranked golfers playing TaylorMade equipment. Jason Day and Dustin Johnson have taken the TOUR by storm and have firmly established themselves as the players to beat as we head to The Open Championship.
Jason Day (World #1) and Dustin Johnson (World #2)
First heating up back in March with back-to-back wins, Jason Day claimed the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the WGC – Dell Match Play before making a resounding statement as the #1 golfer in the world with his victory at THE PLAYERS. His win at TPC Sawgrass sparked a run of additional TaylorMade championships, culminating with DJ’s major redemption at Oakmont.
Here’s a look at the bag of the #1 golfer in the world:
- M1 460 Driver, 10.5°, Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage TiNi 70X (tip 1’’)
- M1 Fairway, 15°, MRC Tensei 90x (tipped 1.5")
- RSi2 3-Iron True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- RSi TP Irons 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X7
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges 47° bent to 48° (Tour Grind); 52° bent to 54°, 60° (ATV Grind)
- Tour Preferred #87 Golf Ball
- Itsy Bitsy Ghost Spider Proto Putter
Known across the PGA TOUR as one of the most talented and athletically gifted players in the game, Dustin Johnson has remained resilient during his rise to the #2 golfer in the world and #1 in the FedExCup Standings. Overpowering even the most daunting courses on Tour, DJ found his groove at the 2016 U.S. Open, claiming his first career major at Oakmont. After a week off, Dustin followed up his major championship with a dramatic comeback victory at the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone.
Here’s a look at the sticks of the #2 golfer in the world:
- M1 Driver 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X 45.75", D4 swingweight
- M1 Fairway 17° Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- UDI (#2) Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) 3-PW True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (54°, 60°) KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Low Crown Cap
- Tour Preferred X ('14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
The #1 and #2 players in the world are changing the way golfers attack the course and redefining the threshold of performance with their TaylorMade equipment - with their M1 driver and TP Ball doing most of the heavy lifting. Take a look below to see some of their staggering statistics from this season as they roll into the final 2 majors of 2016 in prime form.
Both Jason and Dustin use the Tour Preferred X ball.
Highlights from Jason Day’s 2016 campaign:
- 8 top-ten finishes in 13 events
- 3 victories: Arnold Palmer Invitational, WGC – Dell Match Play, THE PLAYERS Championship
- Scoring Average: 69.488 (2nd)
- Longest Drive: 397 yards at Hyundai TOC
- Leads TOUR in Strokes Gained: Total and Strokes Gained: Putting
- FedExCup Standing: 2nd
- Official World Golf Ranking: 1st
Highlights from Dustin Johnson’s 2016 campaign:
- 10 top-ten finishes in 15 events
- 2 victories: U.S. Open Championship, WGC – Bridgestone Invitational
- Leads the TOUR in Scoring Average: 69.155Longest
- Drive: 397 yards at Hyundai TOC
- Driving Average: 312.5 yards (2nd)
- FedExCup Standing: 1st
- Official World Golf Ranking: 2nd
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 12 in the world. Key athletes include world no.1 Dustin Johnson, world no.2 Rory McIlroy, world no.3 Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and world no.12 PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.