Dustin Johnson Dominates BMW Championship with M1 Special Edition Driver & New Spider Limited Putter
Johnson Projected to Elevate to Top Spot in FedExCup Point Standings Entering Tour Championship
Following a course record 63 in Friday's second round, Dustin Johnson continued his display of prodigious distance off the tee with the M1 Special Edition driver and one of the best putting performances of the season with his new Spider Limited putter at Crooked Stick, running away from the field on Sunday with his 12th career win on the PGA TOUR and third of the season, matching stablemate Jason Day for most on Tour. He is projected to lift to #1 in the FedExCup Standings.
What You Need To Know:
- Johnson’s win is the 13th on Tour this year for TaylorMade's M drivers.
- Johnson plays the M1 Special Edition Driver at 10.5* loft with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight).
- TaylorMade had 39.1% driver & 36.9% fairway wood count at the BMW Championship, both of which led all manufacturers.
- Long a player of a traditional blade putter, Johnson switched into the new Spider Limited putter this week, paying immediate dividends on the greens. After playing the first two rounds of the DBC with Jason Day, DJ arrived at Crooked Stick and requested to test a similar Spider Limited putter. He tested an all-red and an all-black version, opting for the all-black prior to Thursday's opening round.
- Johnson plays the Tour Preferred X Golf Ball, which has 9 wins on the PGA TOUR this season and is also played by 4 of the top 12 players in the OWGR.
- Johnson led the field in driving distance and putts per GIR.
- Since the start of the 2013 PGA TOUR season, Johnson has the most weeks ranked inside the top 30 in the standings (130).
In Johnson's Bag at the BMW Championship:
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- M1 Fairway / 19* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred MB Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel
- Spider Limited Putter / 35 inches, 2.5* loft , 69 lie angle w/ 80/20 Pull Roll insert
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball (No. 1)
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Snapback Hat
- adidas Golf Tour360 Boost Footwear
- adidas Golf apparel
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 12 in the world. Key athletes include world no.1 Dustin Johnson, world no.2 Rory McIlroy, world no.3 Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and world no.12 PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.