Dustin Johnson Dominates BMW Championship with M1 Special Edition Driver & New Spider Limited Putter
Johnson Projected to Elevate to Top Spot in FedExCup Point Standings Entering Tour Championship
Following a course record 63 in Friday's second round, Dustin Johnson continued his display of prodigious distance off the tee with the M1 Special Edition driver and one of the best putting performances of the season with his new Spider Limited putter at Crooked Stick, running away from the field on Sunday with his 12th career win on the PGA TOUR and third of the season, matching stablemate Jason Day for most on Tour. He is projected to lift to #1 in the FedExCup Standings.
What You Need To Know:
- Johnson’s win is the 13th on Tour this year for TaylorMade's M drivers.
- Johnson plays the M1 Special Edition Driver at 10.5* loft with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight).
- TaylorMade had 39.1% driver & 36.9% fairway wood count at the BMW Championship, both of which led all manufacturers.
- Long a player of a traditional blade putter, Johnson switched into the new Spider Limited putter this week, paying immediate dividends on the greens. After playing the first two rounds of the DBC with Jason Day, DJ arrived at Crooked Stick and requested to test a similar Spider Limited putter. He tested an all-red and an all-black version, opting for the all-black prior to Thursday's opening round.
- Johnson plays the Tour Preferred X Golf Ball, which has 9 wins on the PGA TOUR this season and is also played by 4 of the top 12 players in the OWGR.
- Johnson led the field in driving distance and putts per GIR.
- Since the start of the 2013 PGA TOUR season, Johnson has the most weeks ranked inside the top 30 in the standings (130).
In Johnson's Bag at the BMW Championship:
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- M1 Fairway / 19* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred MB Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel
- Spider Limited Putter / 35 inches, 2.5* loft , 69 lie angle w/ 80/20 Pull Roll insert
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball (No. 1)
- Tour Preferred Glove
- New Era 9Fifty Snapback Hat
- adidas Golf Tour360 Boost Footwear
- adidas Golf apparel
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf Company sells golf equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories under the TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams and Ashworth brands. TaylorMade Golf Company posted 2014 sales of €913 million.
À propos de TaylorMade Golf
Basée à Carlsbad en Californie, la société TaylorMade Golf vend des équipements, des chaussures, des vêtements et des accessoires de golf sous les marques TaylorMade, adidas Golf, Adams et Ashworth. La société TaylorMade Golf a affiché des ventes de 913 millions d’euros en 2014.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is a global leader in the sporting goods industry, offering a broad portfolio of footwear, apparel and hardware for sport and lifestyle around the core brands adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group employs more than 55,000 people across the globe and generated sales of around € 17 billion in 2015.
À propos du groupe adidas
Le groupe adidas est l’un des leaders mondiaux au sein de l’industrie des articles de sport en offrant une vaste gamme de souliers, de vêtements et d’accessoires par le biais de marques de base, telles que adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade et Reebok-CCM Hockey. Basé à Herzogenaurach en Allemagne, le Groupe emploie plus de 55 000 personnes à travers le monde et a généré des ventes de près de 17 milliards d’euros en 2015.