Jon Rahm Captures Farmers Insurance Open for First Career Victory on PGA TOUR Armed with New M Metalwoods, P750 Irons, Milled Grind Wedges & TP5x Golf Ball
Rahm's Maiden Victory on the PGA TOUR Projected to Elevate Him to 7th in Early FedExCup Point Standings
The second event of the West Coast swing provided all the drama you'd expect with a field packed with the best players in the world. In the end, it was TaylorMade Tour staffer Jon Rahm who pulled away and emerged victorious on the South Course at picturesque Torrey Pines, carding two eagles on the back nine to claim the tournament title - his first on the PGA TOUR. With the win, the 22-year-old also punches his ticket to Augusta.
What You Need To Know:
- Rahm’s win is the 3rd worldwide and 2nd on the PGA Tour this year for TaylorMade's 2017 M drivers, joining Hudson Swafford, who won last week's Career Builder Championship.
- Rahm plays the 2017 M2 Driver set to 10.5* one click lower with an Aldila Tour Green TX 75 shaft. This is his second week with it in the bag, having added it last week at the CBC. His feedback to the Tour team was that he liked both the new M1 & M2, but benefited from the forgiveness and consistency of the M2.
- TaylorMade had 48.4% driver & 46% fairway wood counts at Torrey, both of which led all manufacturers by substantial margins.
- Rahm averaged 296.5 yards off the tee and led the field in strokes gained: off the tee.
- Rahm also claimed the first global victory for the new TP5x golf ball, the longest Tour ball, which he switched into at last week's Career Builder Challenge. TP5 and Tp5x golf balls are available on March 3.
- Rahm also played the new P750 Tour Proto irons, which he first added to his bag last week. He has Project X 6.5 shafts throughout the set.
- Rahm's short game brilliance this week was aided by the new yet-to-be-released Milled Grind wedges, which are also new to Rahm's bag. His setup is a traditional 52/56/60*, also with PX 6.5 shafts.
In Rahm's Bag at Torrey Pines
- '17 M2 Driver / 10.5* / Aldila Tour Green TX 75
- '17 M1 Fairway / 15* / Aldila Tour Green TX 75
- '17 M1 Fairway / 19* / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8x
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 5-9, PW / Project X 6.5
- RSi TP UDI #4 / Project X 6.5
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52, 56 & 60 / Project X 6.5
- Spider Tour Red Putter
- TP5x Golf Ball
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.
À propos de la société TaylorMade Golf
Basé à Carslbad, en Californie, TaylorMade Golf est un chef de file dans la fabrication d’équipement de golf de haute performance, grâce notamment à des produits innovateurs tout à fait uniques comme les bois de métal M1 et M2, les fers M1 et M2 et les balles de golf TP5/TP5X. TaylorMade est également un joueur majeur au sein du circuit de la PGA avec l’une des équipes d’ambassadeurs les plus puissantes au golf, composée notamment du numéro un mondial Dustin Johnson et de 5 des 15 premiers au Classement mondial du golf.