Dustin Johnson becomes World No.1 with win at Genesis Open
Playing the all-new 2017 M1 460 driver and TP5X ball, Dustin Johnson extends the PGA Tour's longest active streak with a win in 10 consecutive seasons.
Dustin Johnson dominated the Genesis Open to win by five shots with rounds of 66-66-64-71 for a four round total of 266 to claim his 13th career PGA Tour win.
After playing M1 for most of 2016, Johnson experimented with M2 for a few months at the end of 2016, before finally landing back with the new 2017 M 460 driver due to the overall performance. The 2017 M1 provided him with 500rpm less spin than his M2 and was going around 8 yards further on Trackman.
Dustin also put the new 2017 M1 3 HL Fairway Wood in play this week. It's cut to a 5 FW length i.e. 1" shorter than standard and has 16* loft. With this combo, Dustin carries it 280 yards, which is exactly what he's looking for in a 3 wood - at standard length it was just going too far.
Dustin Johnson, the new World No.1
After switching to the new M1 460 driver this week and the TP5X ball last week, Dustin averaged 321 yards off the tee in R4 at Riviera and gained 2.017 strokes over the field across all four rounds with his Spider putter. Season to date, Dustin is also no.2 in Strokes Gained in "driving distance", "off-the-tee" and "tee-to-green".
What You Need To Know:
- In winning the Genesis Open, Dustin Johnson becomes the new #1 in the World for the first time in his career.
- Dustin played the all-new M1 460 2017 driver for the first time at Riviera.
- Dustin joins Jack & Tiger to be the only player, since 1960, to have won a PGA Tour event in their first 10 seasons since turning pro.
- Dustin plays the Spider putter - the #1 Putter Model on Tour at this week's Genesis Open. This was the second consecutive week that Spider was the #1 putter model on PGA Tour.
- After switching last week at Pebble, Dustin becomes the third player this year to win with the new TP5X/TP5 golf ball.
- TaylorMade won the driver count at the Genesis Open with 69 drivers in play - more than double the nearest competitor.
- This was the third win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball.
- TaylorMade now has the no.1 and no.2 in the world with Dustin Johnson and Jason Day.
Dustin Johnson "What's in the Bag"
- '17 M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0*
- '17 M1 HL 3 Fairway Wood / 16* / HZARDUS T1100
- RSi TP UDI #2 / HZARDUS
- TP MBs / 3-PW / X100
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52 & 60 /KBS Black
- Spider Tour Black Putter
- TP5x Golf Ball
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.
À propos de la société TaylorMade Golf
Basé à Carslbad, en Californie, TaylorMade Golf est un chef de file dans la fabrication d’équipement de golf de haute performance, grâce notamment à des produits innovateurs tout à fait uniques comme les bois de métal M1 et M2, les fers M1 et M2 et les balles de golf TP5/TP5X. TaylorMade est également un joueur majeur au sein du circuit de la PGA avec l’une des équipes d’ambassadeurs les plus puissantes au golf, composée notamment du numéro un mondial Dustin Johnson et de 5 des 15 premiers au Classement mondial du golf.