Dustin Johnson becomes World No.1 with win at Genesis Open
Playing the all-new 2017 M1 460 driver and TP5X ball, Dustin Johnson extends the PGA Tour's longest active streak with a win in 10 consecutive seasons.
Dustin Johnson dominated the Genesis Open to win by five shots with rounds of 66-66-64-71 for a four round total of 266 to claim his 13th career PGA Tour win.
After playing M1 for most of 2016, Johnson experimented with M2 for a few months at the end of 2016, before finally landing back with the new 2017 M 460 driver due to the overall performance. The 2017 M1 provided him with 500rpm less spin than his M2 and was going around 8 yards further on Trackman.
Dustin also put the new 2017 M1 3 HL Fairway Wood in play this week. It's cut to a 5 FW length i.e. 1" shorter than standard and has 16* loft. With this combo, Dustin carries it 280 yards, which is exactly what he's looking for in a 3 wood - at standard length it was just going too far.
Dustin Johnson, the new World No.1
After switching to the new M1 460 driver this week and the TP5X ball last week, Dustin averaged 321 yards off the tee in R4 at Riviera and gained 2.017 strokes over the field across all four rounds with his Spider putter. Season to date, Dustin is also no.2 in Strokes Gained in "driving distance", "off-the-tee" and "tee-to-green".
What You Need To Know:
- In winning the Genesis Open, Dustin Johnson becomes the new #1 in the World for the first time in his career.
- Dustin played the all-new M1 460 2017 driver for the first time at Riviera.
- Dustin joins Jack & Tiger to be the only player, since 1960, to have won a PGA Tour event in their first 10 seasons since turning pro.
- Dustin plays the Spider putter - the #1 Putter Model on Tour at this week's Genesis Open. This was the second consecutive week that Spider was the #1 putter model on PGA Tour.
- After switching last week at Pebble, Dustin becomes the third player this year to win with the new TP5X/TP5 golf ball.
- TaylorMade won the driver count at the Genesis Open with 69 drivers in play - more than double the nearest competitor.
- This was the third win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball.
- TaylorMade now has the no.1 and no.2 in the world with Dustin Johnson and Jason Day.
Dustin Johnson "What's in the Bag"
- '17 M1 460 Driver / 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0*
- '17 M1 HL 3 Fairway Wood / 16* / HZARDUS T1100
- RSi TP UDI #2 / HZARDUS
- TP MBs / 3-PW / X100
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52 & 60 /KBS Black
- Spider Tour Black Putter
- TP5x Golf Ball
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 15 in the world. Key athletes include Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.