TaylorMade's Sergio Garcia Breaks Through for First Major Championship with Triumphant Victory at The Masters
Garcia's Thrilling Playoff Victory Secures TaylorMade's Fourth Consecutive Year with Major Champion and Eighth Major Victory in Last Nine Years.
Sunday's final round at the Masters paired two friends, two fierce competitors and two vastly different story lines; Justin Rose looking to add a second major championship to his already-decorated resume and stablemate Sergio Garcia, searching for the elusive first of his career. When it was all said and done, it was Sergio Garcia who withstood the pressure, defeating Rose in a thrilling playoff at Augusta National.
What You Need To Know:
- Sergio plays the all-new 2017 M2 driver (9.5°), equipped with his usual MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80XTS shaft. Garcia also plays 15° & 19° '17 M1 fairways; he seeks consistency in his weighting, so both his 3 and 5-woods have the same shaft as his driver.
- Garcia added the Spider Tour red putter to his bag at the WGC Match Play and used it to tame Augusta National's diabolical greens. He finds it easier to aim and put consistent roll off the face. This was the eighth consecutive week that Spider was the #1 putter model on PGA TOUR.
- Sergio plays the new P750 irons (3-PW) with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus Tour 130x shafts, utilizing counterbalancing throughout the set as it helps him with his transition and gets the club more on plane.
- For the seventeenth consecutive year, TaylorMade was the #1 driver at the Masters (33 in play).
- Unlike many of his fellow players, Sergio only opted for two wedges this week (in addition to his PW) as he feels his can hit all of the shots he needs to with just two lofts. He had 2 Milled Grind wedges in the bag; 54° & 58°.
- This was the sixth win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball, with Garcia now having two of them (Dubai Desert Classic).
- Garcia's win is the 13th win in 15 weeks for TaylorMade's '17 M drivers, more than any other manufacturer.
Here's a deconstructed look at Sergio's Masters-winning TaylorMade equipment - (for a full list, see below).
Sergio Garcia's Masters Tournament-Winning Bag:
- '17 M2 Driver / 9.5° / MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80XTS
- '17 M1 Fairways / 17° & 19° / MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80XTS
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 3-PW / Nippon N.S. Pro Modus Tour 130x
- Milled Grind Wedges / 54° & 58° / Nippon N.S. Pro Modus Tour 130x
- TP5 Golf Ball (#49)
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M3 and M4 metalwoods featuring Twist Face, M3 and M4 irons featuring RIBCOR and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 10 in the world.
À propos de la société TaylorMade Golf
Basé à Carslbad, en Californie, TaylorMade Golf est un chef de file dans la fabrication d’équipement de golf de haute performance, grâce notamment à des produits innovateurs tout à fait uniques comme les bois de métal M3 et M4, les fers M3 et M4 et les balles de golf TP5/TP5X. TaylorMade est également un joueur majeur au sein du circuit de la PGA avec l’une des équipes d’ambassadeurs les plus puissantes au golf, composée notamment du numéro un mondial Dustin Johnson et de 5 des 10 premiers au Classement mondial du golf.