Powered by M5 Driver & '19 TP5x Golf Ball, Dustin Johnson Captures WGC-Mexico Championship
Johnson's 21st career victory is the second global win for TaylorMade’s New M5 & M6 Drivers featuring the company’s ground-breaking Injected Twist Face technology; joins stablemate Tiger Woods as only players to win same WGC event three times.
What you need to know:
- After gaming the M6 driver en route to victory at the Saudi International last month, Johnson made the switch into a 10.5° M5 driver after seeing more ball speed and less spin in recent testing sessions. Per usual, he has it equipped with his favorite Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0 shaft.
- In addition to the M5 driver, DJ also recently added a 15° M5 fairway to his bag, armed with Project X's HZRDUS Black X shaft; the same shaft he carried in his fairway(s) last season.
- Dustin’s second victory of the season is the third win for the new 2019 TP5/x golf ball (Johnson & Fowler); DJ’s preferred golf ball is the '19 TP5x, stamped #1.
- Like last season, DJ continues to play the P730 DJ Proto irons in 4-PW. As he has for most of his recent career, DJ has them equipped with True Temper's Dynamic Gold X100 shafts.
- A major proponent of the MG wedges, Dustin opted for 52° & 60° lofts this week in addition to a 64° Hi-Toe. As usual, he has them equipped with his trusted KBS Tour 120S shafts.
- Johnson has found remarkable success with the Spider Tour over the last few years, using it to escalate him to #1 in the World. With his win in Mexico, he is expected to elevate to #2 in the OWGR and has the potential to once again claim the #1 position the following week.
- With the victory, Johnson continues his remarkable streak of winning at least one PGA TOUR event to 12 consecutive seasons, the longest active streak on Tour.
Dustin Johnson's Winning Bag at the WGC-Mexico Championship:
M5 Driver | 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0
M5 Fairway | 15° | Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 X
P790 | 3 iron | Dynamic Gold X100
P730 DJ Proto Irons | 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Milled Grind Wedges | 52° & 60° and 64° Hi-Toe | KBS Tour 120S
Spider Tour Black Putter | SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0
2019 TP5x Golf Ball (#1)
For more information on DJ or any of TaylorMade Tour staffers' equipment, click HERE.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf Canada
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M5/M6 metalwoods, M5/M6 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is the #1 Driver in Golf and also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Jon Rahm, Rickie Fowler and Tiger Woods.
À propos de la société TaylorMade Golf
Basé à Carslbad, en Californie, TaylorMade Golf est un chef de file dans la fabrication d’équipement de golf de haute performance, grâce notamment à des produits innovateurs tout à fait uniques comme les bois de métal M5 et M6, les fers M5 et M6 et les balles de golf TP5/TP5X. TaylorMade est également un joueur majeur au sein du circuit de la PGA avec l’une des équipes d’ambassadeurs les plus puissantes au golf, composée notamment du numéro un mondial Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Jon Rahm, Rickie Fowler et Tiger Woods.